“What should user-friendly pricing models and products look like, that allow the customer to charge his/her EV at home, on the road (including abroad), and at work?”
ABOUT THE BUSINESS MODEL CHALLENGE
For our business model challenge, we are looking for new innovative concepts and ideas of how to create new revenue streams and offerings within the field of e-mobility.
The focus of the challenge will be on new models for customer-friendly billing approaches for e-mobility charging at home, at work, or wherever else the user chooses to charge his or her vehicle.
Participants will have to consider various influences like cost/benefit ratios, user experience, feasibility of payment models, or take future technologies into consideration that will impact client behaviour.
Things you should consider
- Take on the view of the customer/user
- Evaluate the profitability of the business model
- In Austria you can already charge your EV across all service providers
- Competitiveness of the business model in comparison to conventional modes of driving
- Seasonal usage (holidays, weather differences)
- Combined/mixed usage of “accelerated” and “rapid” charging
Evaluation criteria & questions:
- What should billing be based on – time, volume, other measures?
- What target customer group is your model focused on?
- What user behaviour is the basis for your various pricing models?
- When does it make sense to apply pay-per-use and when flat rate models?
- From a customer point of view – will one need a charging card in the future? ?
- Will there be another technology (app, tool, etc.) that will enable the charging process in the future?
- What role will 5G technologies and IoT play within the setup of your model?
Does that sound interesting?
Apply now for one of the limited participation spots.